Wednesday, October 20, 2010

With a Fervency!

This comes form the department - I should have my devotions before I send out emails.... Today's LIFE Journal reading is huge in the department of prayer. Here's a part of my journal entry this morning....

Acts 12:5 (NASB) "So Peter was kept in the prison, but prayer for him was being made fervently by the church to God."

Fervantly praying. They didn't believe it could/would happen, but they kept on praying anyway. They didn't believe it would happen, but it wasn't about their faith, it was about the sovereignty of God.

Lord, I want to give up wondering whether it's up to me and my faith that brings about healing or not. I want to give up wondering whether I'm doing something wrong. The only thing I do wrong is not fervently praying enough.

These people prayed and didn't expect Peter to be released - that is shown pretty clearly when you talk about their response when he came to their door. I don't know what they were praying. Perhaps they were praying  for his release, perhaps for his safety, perhaps just asking God to do something.

I want to ask myself - do I pray fervently for my kids? Do I pray fervently for Juliette? Do I pray fervently for the upcoming evangelistic seminar?

Lord, please turn me into a man of fervent prayer. Please turn me into a man of prayer who will stay on my knees until an answer comes. Please turn me into a man who not only believes in prayer but is relentless in my prayers until an answer comes.

roger walter
------------
Senior Pastor - http://bit.ly/qO3Vg
Adventist Community Church
www.VancouverAdventist.com

Feed Yourself!  Break the Famine (Amos 8:11)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Adventist Community Church's google group.
 
If you were forwarded this email, and would like to subscribe to this list, simply send an email to:
adventistcc-subscribe@googlegroups.com
 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
adventistcc+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/adventistcc?hl=en?hl=en

Followers