Friday, November 6, 2009

FYI What's Happening!



2009-11-06

Wired Up!
It became evident again what I was wired up for.  On Wednesday I was pondering a question of a member who was urging me to be more of a nurturer kind of pastor.  After much discussion and reading emails, blogs, and listening about it, I began to wonder if I was making the right choices.  Wednesday evening, I stayed after to talk with an individual that is attending our Decoding Prophecy Seminar.  After giving three gospel presentations and not getting this individual to commit to anything, I backed off.  But I knew God had gotten through to this individual and it was now only a matter of time.  I knew that I was doing what God had wired me up for!

When that individual stood to request baptism last night, I nearly screamed!  It was so awesome to see God working.  I was reminded again, that God didn't wire me up as a nurturer pastor, he created me to be more of an evangelist who wins people to Jesus.  And over the years, I've been fortunate to see hundreds come to Jesus.  

We need the nurturing team members just as much as we need the evangelistic team members.  Understanding who has what gifts will be primary in finding everyone's niche.  Community Groups will also play a very large part in the nurturing process.  

But I was reminded again this week that my top gifts are Leadership, Evangelism and Preaching/Teaching.  Do you know what yours are?  Would you like to find out?

I love being your pastor!  
roger

Decoding Prophecy Update
Pastor Danny has been doing a great job.  He is obviously in his comfort zone when he's preaching and telling people about Jesus.  Despite the poor start from our brochures not getting delivered in time, God has been blessing and about 6 or 7 people have already requested baptism.  There is a baptism scheduled for this weekend and next.

Pastor Jeff organized the kids programming to be primarily operated by the Youth Class.  They have been telling the stories, teaching the same material that Danny has been preaching about, as well as doing most of it.  It's awesome to see the "kids" begin to take ownership of the scheduling and speaking in those areas.  

Tonight is the last night to come out and listen.  Next the Evangelism Coordination Team will begin planning for and getting ready for the upcoming seminar with Richard Halversen in March 2010.  God is definitely on the move in Vancouver and great things are about to happen in the areas of discipleship, community and evangelism.  Keep praying!

FYI - What's Happening
  • Tonight - Last night of Decoding Prophecy - a message about Heaven
  • Sabbath - Worship at 8:45am and 11:10am
  • Sabbath - Baptism during the 2nd service
  • Saturday night - 6:00pm CAA Student Association Fall Festival
  • Nov. 9 (Monday) - Mission/Vision Team @ 6:30pm.  Interested in attending, plan to join us!
  • Nov. 10 - Evangelism Coordination Team Meeting @ 7:00pm
  • Nov. 11 - Elder's Meeting @ 7:00pm
  • Nov. 12 - Prison Ministry Meeting @ 6:45pm
  • Nov. 14 - All Church Potluck (Baptism planned too)
  • Nov. 16 - Worship Committee Meeting @ 7:00pm
  • Nov 16, 17, 23, 24 - Church Directory Photos - have you signed up yet?
  • Nov. 18 - Finance Committee Meeting
  • Nov 25. - Church Board Meeting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers